Mina Kanto invites you to discover the rich soundscapes of Afro-Peruvian percussion through trainings/workshops. These are listed in order from the most basic to advanced:
- Learning the technics of Cajon
- Learning its various Afro-Peruvian rhythms, such as Lando, the Festejo Ritmo, Inga, Oita Noma, Alcatraz, Son de los Diablos and Afro.
- Learning accompanying instruments: Cajita, Quijada and the bell in different rhythms proposed above.
- The introduction of polyrhythms.
- The use of congas in different rhythms.
Examples of Afro-Peruvian polyrhythms:
For additional info about the music: click here
For additional info about trainings or workshops: click here
To listen some compositions of Mina Kanto, click here.
Pictures of trainings or workshops
Maison de la Création: